September 19, 2012

Dolly the waldorf inspired doll

IMAG2381 by extracrunchymama


As some of you may know, I'm cheap{frugal}. The only thing is, I like nice expensive things. Good thing I'm crafty, because I don't have the cash to plop down for an authentic waldorf doll. Those babies are expensive {pun intended}. So, instead I had to get out my thinking cap. I looked at lots of tutorials for waldorf inspired dolls (this one, and this one, and this one helped). I tea dyed an old white t-shirt, used an old sock to form the head and wool scraps for the stuffing and the yarn hair I had from a time I thought I was a knitter. I did have to buy a needle set that was long enough to stitch the eyes and mouth, but the rosy cheeks are from real blush from my make-up stash {that I clearly don't use}. I made Dolly a while ago, sometime in late fall, but she is more and more loved every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment