October 9, 2012

kcwc {Day two} Autumnal Tunic

IMAG0046

IMAG0047

IMAG0045

IMAG0044

This tunic is loosely based on this pattern, I think I have sewn about 12 dresses/shirts/tunics from this pattern. {well worth the $4.50 and it goes all the way up to size 7!!}For this specific tunic, I lengthened the sleeves {about 4 inches or so, I didn't really measure} and shortened the length. This is the 3T size, and perfect for layering. I didn't time myself this time, but I have in the past when I have made a dress from this pattern, and it took about  45 minutes {I sew rather fast and don't always follow the exact directions}. The awesome gold feather fabric on the sleeves is from my local fabric shoppe Sew to speak, and is this print . The bodice print is from Joann's and the regular price was less than $5/yard {of course I didn't pay that much, I always carry my 40% off coupons}.

I also made her corduroy pants a couple months ago, they are an upcycled  pair of women's cords from half price day at the thrift store. They also have the feather print hiding in the pockets, and the same knit ribbing that was $2 at the thrift store as yesterday's dress .


I'm enjoying seeing all the fun of  kcwc over at Elsie Marley! So many cute ideas. 

No comments:

Post a Comment