October 8, 2012

Blue Prarie Dress {kcwc fall 2012 preview}

IMAG0009 by extracrunchymama


 It's MONDAY! which means the first day of the kcwc over at Elsie Marley. But.... I'm having some technical difficulties on the picture uploading front, please standby :) In the meantime, here is a dress that I sewed up on Saturday. I used a modified version of this pattern, it's supposed to be for a nightgown, but works well for the structure of a dress. The top yoke and sleeves are Anna Maria Horner's  dancefloor (in teal) that I scored at the Lottie Da destash sale. I only paid $3 for a scrap piece that was about a 3/4 yard. The body fabric, I picked up at Joann's from the Denyse Schmidt daisy mae collection. It was on clearance for $4.80/yard. So, including elastic and matching thread, this dress was less than $10 to create! {Not including the pattern, I think it was around $4}. I made a 2t size yoke and sleeves with a 3T size body. I have a tall skinny toddler, and simplicity patterns tend to run rather large (especially if it's supposed to be a roomy nightgown.) I also didn't prewash the fabric, which is mostly because I'm lazy, but also so that it would shrink up from the actual 2T size. 

Hopefully I will be posting later today with my real first kcwc garment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment