June 4, 2013

Homemade peach frozen yogurt

I now own a fancy Vitamix, It's magical. I have this one. Don't worry, I got it at costco, so it wasn't quite that expensive ;). Anyways, back to the magic, being it summer-like in Ohio, my mind wonders to ice cream most days. After doing a few pinterest seaches, I discovered this magical contraption can also make ice cream. Now, we're talking. So, I tried a few with meh {yes, that's the scientific term for so-so}results. So today at the store, while searching the frozen foods, I stumbled upon the frozen peaches, EUREKA. So in a not so scientific way, here's the recipe.

Frozen Peach Yogurt

  • 1 bag of frozen peaches
  • a couple three heaping tablespoons of unsweetened greek yogurt, somewhere around a cup maybe ;) (I used this one, also from costco :))
  • About a 5 count pour of pure maple syrup, you really can't have too much of this stuff, just trust your gut. (If you don't have a trustworthy gut, I would guess 1/2 cup would do.)
Blend the crap out of it until it's creamy and smooth like ice cream. Bam.  Pull up a spoon, and enjoy.

If you don't have a vitamix, you can try a blender, or a food processor, and I'm sure you'll get the same results. 

No comments:

Post a Comment